How To Remember What You Learn In Class – Many students tend to forget what they learn in class, and this was because something went wrong. This article will address what could have caused that and the best ways by which one could easily remember what was learnt in class. The following will explain better to you how to remember what you learn in class.There are ways by which you can easily remember what you learn in class because it is very much possible to forget almost all you learnt in class if some factors are not in place. Some of which are;
- The desire to learn
- The attention dedicated towards learning
- The ability to recall what is learnt.
The attitude you give towards learning goes a long way when it comes to recalling what you learn in class. Having the right attitude towards what you learn in class will help you to remember whatever you learn. You will ask me how? Well, be patient to read through, as this article will explain to you how you can remember what you learn in class.
Many students tend to forget what they learn in class, and this was because something went wrong. This article will address what could have caused that and the best ways by which one could easily remember what was learnt in class. The following will explain better to you how to remember what you learn in class.
The things that you should consider are;
- Your Interest: When it comes to understanding, studying and memorizing, interest is very important. The moment you give your interest to something, there is a way you get along and get the best out of it, even if that thing is difficult to understand. This is because we were fashioned to remember and relate well with whatsoever that is of interest to us. In other words, there is a way you forget something that is not of interest. When you find yourself in a situation where what you learn doesn’t interest you, it is advisable that you develop your interest because this will help you remember after the class all you have learned. It becomes easy to remember what is learnt in class when interest is involved.
- Your full concentration: When concentration is kept constant during the course of learning, the memory tends to recall with ease what has been learned; this is because the memory is a function of full concentration. Most times, people find it difficult to remember what they learn because their focus is on many things, and they tend to have divided attention. When the attention is divided, little could be remembered after the class. One of the reasons I mentioned earlier was that having the right attitude towards learning will help in the course of remembering what you learn. Brainpower is greatly utilized by concentration, and full concentration will also aid easy memorization. Try to concentrate in class so as to get the best out of class and remember what you have learnt after the class.
- Make sure you know how you learn: Do not try to memorize by rote; follow the learning process and try to recall what you learn in class. When the process of learning and all that is involved is known, it will help your ability to remember because you already follow the process to know how you learn.
- Make a connection with what you know and what you learn: You create a link by doing this; relating what you know to what you are learning will help you to remember what you learn in class. Let’s say you are learning about Rodent Pest in class, you connecting what you know about Rats in your environment to what you learned in class will help you recall and give a better understanding of what has been said about the rodent pest. When you make connections between what you learnt and what you know, it becomes easy to remember all that was learnt.
- Meditate upon what you’ve learned: To meditate upon means to ponder. There is this sense of confidence when you could easily recall what you have learnt in class. Meditation helps to recall and understand better beyond what was understood in class during the course of the learning.
In order to achieve the above, it is important to keep your brain fit because the brain is the center that controls our nervous system, which is located in the skull and is responsible for perception, attention, memory, emotion and action. To keep your brain fit, ensure to have regular exercise, educate yourself and also engage yourself socially.
Do well to feed well and stay healthy because your mental health depends on it, as it is impossible to learn effectively when you are hungry or not in good health, not to talk of remembering what you learn.
This article has explained how to remember what you learn in class. I want to believe you find this helpful. Kindly use the comment box if there is any way you think we could be of help to you.
Thanks for reading through!